Every homeowner will need a roofing service at some point. No matter whether you want to replace your existing roof, or want help with repairs, the right roofer can make a big difference to the project. So, how do you choose the best roofing contractor in Wilmington, MA? We have a guide below that may come in handy.
- Start with the basics. All roofing contractors must have the necessary licenses and permissions to work for residential and commercial clients. Also, check if the company has a local office, address, and contact number. The truth is many contractors take up jobs, only to assign the work to subcontractors for a commission. This, for obvious reasons, is not the kind of service you want.
- Insurance is important. Ideally, roofing contractors need to have insurance. This includes both liability insurance and workers’ compensation insurance. Roofing work involves considerable risks, and if one of their workers is injured at the site, you may have to pay the medical bills, if the company doesn’t have insurance. Liability insurance protects you against any additional damage to your property.
- Options offered. When you compare contractors, you need to check the kind of roofing options they offer. In Wilmington, some of the preferred choices include asphalt shingles, rolled roofing, and metal roofing. The best contractors will always explain why and how a particular kind of roofing material will work better for your home.
- An initial estimate. If you want replacement roofing, this may turn into a big project. It makes sense to find a service that will do a free initial inspection and offer an estimate for the project in advance. Most contractors will promise complimentary inspections, but you need to check their response time. Do not make the mistake of choosing a roofing service based on the estimate alone.
- Reviews. What do other clients have to say about a roofing service? If the company claims that they have been working in Wilmington for many years, it will have clients and good reviews. You can check independently on Google to find testimonials and reviews, or else, contact the contractor for a few references.
The best contractor is the one that tries to protect your home, without burning a hole in your pocket. Make sure that you have a contract with the service, and if the company promises any warranty or assurance on the work done, they must mention the same in writing. The contract with the contractor must be read in-depth.