The floor in your home gives your home a beautiful focal point. Having a new one installed represents a significant investment. It is the foundation for the sleek and modern aesthetic of your space. If you are interested in having a new floor installed, you can look here for more information. Professional flooring installers like FloorMod are experts in modern flooring installation. We will talk about them below and the modern and beautiful options available today.
What Kind of Flooring Is There?
There are so many different flooring options available today. It can be a bit overwhelming if you do not know where to start. Every type of flooring will have positives and negatives depending on your needs. Though not a comprehensive list, this is just a few that you may want to consider for your home. Below is a list of some of the most common materials you may want to consider for your new floor.
Each kind of flooring is unique. One is bound to be the perfect match for your home.
How Do I Pick The Right Kind?
There are going to be some flooring choices that are better for you than others. Your choice will depend on many factors. These may include budget, lifestyle, and flooring location. Some features of each are listed below:
- Ceramic – Durable and resists spills and scratches. It is easy to clean. Also, a good option for pet owners as it stays cool for sleeping.
- Cork – Natural and renewable flooring material that resists cracking, is impermeable to liquid and is fire-resistant. The flooring is comfortable as it acts as a natural cushion for the foot.
- Laminate – Highly durable, scratch-resistant, and easy to install as the boards interlock and can be floated over most existing floors.
- Marble – Durable flooring choice if it is sealed every 6 to 12 months to fill in the pores of the marble. Acidic substances can discolor marble so spills should be immediately cleaned. Marble is also susceptible to metal abrasion.
- Porcelain – Similar to ceramic in its durability and resistance to spills and scratches. Great for installation in both residential and also heavy commercial trafficked areas.
- Slate – Highly resistant to damage when applied to a solid substrate. Slate is porous, so a waterproof membrane must be used if installing in bathrooms or shower areas.
Who to Call?
After reading about the different flooring materials, you may be ready to take the plunge. Save yourself a headache and give yourself peace of mind by calling in an expert. When you are ready to have your beautiful new floor installed, you can look here with FloorMod. They are a reputable, professional flooring company that has been creating beautiful floors since 2014. They are experts in demolition, installation, and repair. FloorMod can help from the beginning of the process through the life of your floors. They will help you pick the best material for your beautiful new floors. Get ready to enjoy modern life!